Livestream Good Friday service on Friday, April 10 at 7:00pm. Prepare by gathering communion elements for your family (bread or crackers and juice) and a Bible.
SUNDAY, APRIL 12, 2020
- Check in from home! on the "Attendance" button on the HCBCPF phone app.
- Submit your prayer requests HERE or through the HCBCPF phone app.
- Other resources and info during COVID are on THIS PAGE.
If you've placed your faith in Jesus for the first time today, we want to celebrate with you! Let us know about your decision HERE!
EASTER MESSAGE OUTLINE:
“VICTORY OVER THE VIRUS”
1 Corinthians 15:3-11, 20-22
I. REALITY OF THE RESURRECTION 3-11
A. _________________ Witnesses
B. _________________ Witnesses
C. _________________ Witnesses
II. RELEVANCY OF THE RESURRECTION 20-22
A. First Adam Produced a ______________ _________.
B. Second Adam Provided a _____________ ________.
C. Every Adam Faces a ________________ __________.
FOR FURTHER REFLECTION AND DISCUSSION
- For people who struggle believing the resurrection is true, which of the three “defenses” do you think provide the most help? Challenge yourself to learn and articulate these three defenses.
- Read Romans 5:15-19 and Ephesians 2:1-3. How was Adam like “Patient Zero” for the virus of sin? What symptoms of our inherited sin nature have manifested in your life this week?
- Was the cure that Jesus provided for the pandemic of sin as universal as the virus? See John 3:16, 1 Timothy 4:9-19, and 1 John 2:2. If the cure was provided for all, why are not all saved? See John 3:16 again.
- When did you come to believe that Jesus died for your sins and was raised from the dead? Who helped you make the personal choice to trust and take the “antidote” for the pandemic virus of sin? With whom can you share your story this week?