Shepherds for the Sojourn
Topic: Exegetical Verse: 1 Peter 1:5–1:7
I Peter 5:1-7
1. To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's sufferings and one who also will share in the glory to be revealed:
2. Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve;
3. not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.
4. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
5. Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble."
6. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
7. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.