To Win Over Sin
Topic: Exegetical Verse: 1 Peter 4:1–4:11
I Peter 4:1-11
1. Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.
2. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.
3. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.
4. They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.
5. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
6. For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.
7. The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.
8. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
9. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
10. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
11. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.