Sep 18, 2020 |
Celebration of Life Service for Chuck Leyden
(The first 14 minutes is a prelude video which was shown prior to the service.)
Donations in Chuck's honor may be made to Hill Country Pflugerville's Global Outreach or Hospice Austin. He had a passion for world missions and desired for every man, woman and child to hear the gospel.
We encourage you to share your stories, memories, pictures and videos of Chuck on this CaringBridge site under "Well Wishes" so the family can have everything collectively in one location. Even if you've shared on Facebook, please share again at this site. https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/chuckleyden
If you would like to love the Leyden Family financially, click here. Please note donations are not tax deductable.
Chuck's Story Summary (Self-recorded April 2020)
Preaching clip "Good and Faithful Servant"
You all remember this?... :)
- On Monday, 7/13/2020 Chuck was hospitalized with pneumonia, 9 days after contracting COVID-19. While his symptoms of COVID were minor, the long term effects damaged his already-compromised lungs.
The staff & elders of HCBCPF did a prayer walk around the hospital on Saturday 7/18. Chuck was able to wave to us from the window in his room.
- After receiving treatment, Chuck was able to continue recovering from home with oxygen beginning Monday, 7/20/2020.
- Following a week working from home, he was readmitted to the hospital with secondary pneumonia on Monday, 7/27 . By this time, he tested negative for COVID but was needing more oxygen and more healing in his lungs.
- Thursday, 7/30 Chuck was put on a bi-pap machine to help his breathing.
The church & other friends of Chuck & Tina's did a prayer walk around the hospital on Saturday. Tina saw friends from every church they've attended together at that gathering.
- Sunday, 8/2 he was put on a respirator by intubation of his mouth.
- Monday, 8/3 Chuck continues on the respirator in ICU.
- Tuesday, 8/4 Tina and their daughter Rachel Tyra were able to visit Chuck today. Some of his labs are not going in the direction we would like them to. The doctor is sending for a test to prove that Chuck is negative for COVID. We are hoping this will allow the family to go in the room with him. We continue to ask that you pray for Chuck through this time and that he will respond to the ventilator.
Chuck passed away at 7:00pm. Tina was with him. He has gone home to be with his Heavenly Father. Please continue praying for his family.
We rejoice that Chuck is with the Lord, but now we need to come together and celebrate his incredible life and influence on us all.
To celebrate Chuck's life and to receive comfort from God, join us on
Monday, August 10 at our parent church, Hill Country Bible Church Austin - Lakeline at 6:00pm. 12124 RR 620 Austin TX 78750 (Livestream will also be available. http://player.theplatform.com/p/IfSiAC/0phnUVEB7XEq)
Masks are strongly recommended and there will be social distancing protocols.
There will be a chance to greet some of the family following the service but not a reception.
This is his office door where co-workers are posting scripture they pray over him.